Roadrunner email users are experiencing a strange problem. While they are able to receive emails, but when it comes to sending, they couldn’t just do that. They were able to send emails at home as well as office, but not when they are on a bus or at a hotel. Let us find out what the issue is along with its solution.
Traveling is a key element when it comes to earning a livelihood. People these days don’t just carry smartphones while traveling but a laptop as well. The thinking behind carrying a laptop is to do all the important tasks on a bus, car or while staying at the hotel. Of all the work-related tasks, sending emails is among the important ones. But, those who are using Roadrunner emails are not able to send emails to their contacts. They don’t know as to why they are experiencing this issue, but it is how it is now.
How to solve ‘can’t send emails while traveling’?
Follow these solutions for ‘can’t send emails from RR email while traveling’
- Try a different SMTP (outgoing) port number: The first thing that you have to check is whether your email provider supports SSL or not. If it does, then you will have to try changing the port from port ‘25’ to ‘465’ followed by turning on the SSL option. If RR email provider doesn’t support SSL, then enter ‘587’ in port number followed by leaving the SSL option ‘off’. Consult RR com email for the accurate settings.
- Turn on ‘SMTP authorization’ option.
- If these steps don’t work, and RR email provider offers a webmail service, then you will have to use the webmail service instead of the email program.
- If the third step doesn’t fix the problem, then you will have to move onto a paid option for fixing this problem.
- If you are starting to use SSL service, and your antivirus is scanning all your incoming and outgoing emails, then you could start seeing errors when the SSL provides encryption. Due to this, the antivirus doesn’t scan those emails. You will have to check the documentation of your antivirus program for the right ways of fixing the problem.
Why does RR email refusing to send emails because of aforementioned settings?
Security is the prime reason why you are not able to send emails from your RR email account. RR email is being managed and controlled by Time Warner Cable, and this company doesn’t want spam emails to be included on the platform. When you are sending emails from your home network. Roadrunner wants to prohibit all emails coming to its platform that are sent using generic email settings having SMTP port: 25, SSL: Off and SMTP Authorization: Disabled.
SMTP Port 25 has been so much exploited that it has made Internet Service Providers think that it would be better if the emails coming from the sources where SMTP Port 25 is used is nothing but spam. So, the Internet Service Providers have made stricter arrangements for sending emails, especially when the senders aren’t physically connected to their networks.