Are you not being able to receive a mail with attached file in it? If yes, then nothing to worry. This is a very common issue and can be fixed through simple steps. You just have to identify the cause of this problem and troubleshoot it accordingly. We have mentioned some steps in this guide. You first correlate these steps with your problem and implement them according to the causes of the problem.
- Not proper space: If you are getting a message in your inbox that you can’t receive any new mail due to the memory issue, then empty some space by deleting unnecessary or old messages which are not of your use anymore. Try receiving mail now by telling the sender to send the message again. If you don’t want to delete any message, then you can receive the same message on other email address.
- Too big attached file: If the size of the attachment is beyond the permissible limit, then you won’t be able to receive mail in the Roadrunner inbox. Most of the email service providers allow up to 20 MB of attachment size. If the attachment size is more than this, you can either send it through drive or share content through cloud storage.
- Extension problem of attachment: There are some extensions in the attachment which are not supported by some email service provider or an antivirus program. They keep on blocking that email. The extensions disabled or not supported by Microsoft are: .Mst, .Vbs, .Wsc, .Shb and.Exe. Any attachment with such extension will be auto-rejected by Roadrunner mail. For this problem, you can send any file by making a Zip folder for it.
- Virus in Attachment: If there is malicious file or malware detected in the attached mail by Antivirus program, then you won’t be able to open it until or unless you delete the infected file.
- Problem due to Antivirus installed in the computer: Sometimes, Antivirus installed in your computer keeps on blocking the mail with attached file due to security concern. To fix this problem, you can either add your mail in ‘Reject list’ or disable Antivirus for some time. Check if the problem gets solved or not.
- Attachment not supported by your mail service provider: If your email service provider doesn’t support any attachment, then you will receive an error message on the screen. For this, you need to confirm your email service provider whether it supports attachment in the mail or not.
- Incorrect attachment: If there is some problem with the attachment from the sender’s side, then you will get this error.
Problem with web service or client: This can be another reason for the problem. If you have installed web-client software in your system and getting the problem in receiving the attachment, then check the software and restart your web service. If the problem still prevails, then you can re-install the email client. If the client-server is ok and you are still getting the problem, then we recommend you to check for server issues if any. Sometimes, the server also keeps on blocking the mail. Check for server status from the home page of your email service provider.