If you are setting up an email account, let it be Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail on your Windows 10 OS, then it’s easy because the settings and server details are pre-installed in Windows 10 mail app. On the other hand, if you are going to configure a third-party email service like RR mail, SBC or AT&T then its bit difficult task. You are required to go through the below-mentioned steps for configuring POP3 type Roadrunner account.
- Now, in this post, we are going to share some important steps with you which will help you in setting up a POP3 email account on windows 10 mail app.
- First of all, retrieve the mail address of your server from the server page. You will find your username on the server list.
- After this, open incoming server settings page and enter the details as per asked from you. There is no need to enter the server name in the address field.
- For outgoing mail settings, go down to open the settings page. Enter outgoing server address in the field.
Configuring mail in windows 10 mail app
- Open email app on your Windows 10 OS based computer. You can open the app either from the start menu or from programs menu. In program menu, you will find this email under apps section.
- Open ‘Settings’. A new menu will appear on the screen. Click on it.
- A pop-up screen will then come out. Click on ‘Settings’.
- A complete list of email programs will be displayed on the screen. You can check if the Roadrunner is already installed or not. Click on ‘+’ sign to add a new account.
- A welcome message will be flashed on the screen.
- To add a POP3 account, click on ‘account type’ and select ‘Advanced’ menu from there.
- A new window will then appear on the front screen. Select your preferences according to your choice.
- Enter your personal details related to the Roadrunner email account.
- Select the name you want to get displayed on the receiver screen as well as on your phone or PC. You must select the name which is different from other service providers name so as to remove any confusion.
- Enter username and password on the next page. You will be directed to email service provider account. From here, you can easily restore your important messages and appointments which you have saved earlier in your inbox folder.
- Enter incoming server address and related information in the next box and outgoing server address in the next field.
After this step, you are good to go now.
In this way, you can configure the POP3 account on windows 10 OS. If you want to change settings thereafter, you can easily do so by tapping on settings page from the login page. In case you want to disable SSL feature on your account, you can easily do so by clicking on ‘Authentication type’.
Sign-in to the account after changing the settings. If you find any problem, you can call at email support.
Now, you will find your Roadrunner Webmail account appearing on the top right of computer email app screen. From here you can directly login to the account and start reading the emails.