You can now easily connect your RR mail with Android device. There are certain steps that you need to perform in order to connect the email service with your Android smartphone or tablet.
Are you using an Android device and want to set up RoadRunner email on it? The process of setting up RR mail on the Android device, whether a smartphone or a tablet is quite easy, and you can easily do it without taking anybody’s help. Yet, you need to know the exact steps in order to ensure that the email account works perfectly on the device. I have seen many people who were not able to setup their RR mail account on Android devices. What they did is, they setup RR email to work through their Gmail account, which in my opinion is nothing but a straightforward compromise. There is a provision that allows you to work directly with Android email app, but for that, you need to know the steps to setup your device. So, here are the steps that you can follow:
The below-mentioned steps are for Android Version 5, so if your smartphone or tablet is running on Android 5 or higher, then these steps will work just fine.
1. You can download RR email app from Google Play Store. You need to launch your email app.
2. Now, enter your RR email in the required dialog box and press ‘Next.
3. You have to select ‘POP3’.
4. On the next page, you will be asked to enter your RoadRunner web mail password, so enter it.
5. Then comes the page of ‘Incoming server settings’ where you need to enter the below-mentioned information.
- Username: Enter your full email address. By full I mean, the address with @Pensacola.rr.com, as your location needs to be added in the username. So, whichever place you are living in, you need to enter that in the email address.
- Password: Enter your www RR com email password.
- Server: According to your location, you have to add the server, like if you are living in New York City, then enter pop-server.nyc.rr.com.
- Port: Enter ‘110’ in the port number.
- Security Type: Select ‘None’.
6. When you complete the process, you need to press ‘Next’.
7. Now comes the information to enter into the ‘Outgoing server settings’
- Server: SMTP-server.nyc.rr.com. This server name comes when you are living in New York City.
- Port: It could either be 587 or 25.
- Security Type: None.
- Sign-in required: Select this option.
- Username: Username@nyc.rr.com. The domain depends upon your location.
- Password: Enter your RR email password.
8. Now, tap ‘Next’ a couple of times.
9. You will see a field by the name of ‘Your Name’, where you will have to enter your name. This name is the name that will display someone receives an email from you.
10. Tap ‘Next’ and the process is completed.
You will be able to do after following these steps, but if there is any issue, then you can take the help of the Email helpline.
If the above-mentioned server information doesn’t work for you, then you should try the following server information.
- Incoming Server: pop-server.rr.com.
- Outgoing Server: smtp-server.rr.com.
You can try out these incoming and outgoing server in order to make sure that your email works fine. Road Runner webmail is an online service that is run by Time Warner cable service. You can easily hook up with Android smartphone or tablet, and send, receive and read email on your device without any hassle. There is no other step, which you need to perform other than the ones that are mentioned above.