Email errors are common, but it is never a good sight to see email errors because these cause email account to function abnormally. Recently, TWC email users have experienced issues while accessing their email accounts, i.e., ‘Outbound mail refused’. Along with this message, they are also getting an error code, i.e., ‘Error 0x800CCC79’. Users are not able to make out as to what has led to the occurrence of this error, let alone finding a solution.
Surprisingly, those users have checked their connections with Time Warner, and those seem to be correct as well. This creates more confusion in the minds of the users regarding the occurrence of the issue because with the same set of settings, they are experiencing a completely new issue for no reason.
Here is the exact error message that they have received, “The message could not be sent. You will have to configure the setting for your outgoing email (SMTP) server. In order to find the correct server settings for your email address, you need to get in touch with Roadrunner help and support facility”.
- Subject ‘Email Message’
- Server Error: 451
- Server Response: 451 Outbound Mail Refused
- Server: ‘mail.twc.com’.
- Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
- Protocol: SMTP
- Port: 587
- Secure (SSL): No
Solution to the problem:
Like all other errors, this one can also be fixed by following a simple solution, which goes like this. The reason for the occurrence of the error is the inability of the users to authenticate themselves to the SMTP server. Due to that, their IP address has been included in the list of blacklisted IPs. Therefore, it is going to take some time before those IP addresses are de-listed after rectifying the mistake that Roadrunner email/TWC email techies have drawn their attention to. The error message also refers users to do the following:
- Right-click on the account name in the folder pane and then, select ‘Properties’.
- Then, on the ‘Servers’ tab, they will have to select ‘My Server Requires Authentication’ followed by clicking ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ to close the dialog box.
- Then, they will have to remove the unsent messages (if there is any) from the outbox followed by composing a new text message with a totally new subject line and send it to themselves.
- With that, the issue is going to be solved and they will be able to fix the problem related to outbound email.
If the issue persists or a new issue arises, then it is suggested to take help of RR com login help and support providers. They will provide the best assistance regarding this problem, as they have been fixing such issues for quite some time now. Get in touch with experts to find a concrete solution to the problem.