Are you frequently getting SSL errors while trying to access the ‘Roadrunner email’ from your computer? Instead of searching around on internet, get the best solution through the simple steps mentioned in the passage.
First of all, we will try to make you understand:
The reasons for SSL error.
What is SSL actually and how to troubleshoot Roadrunner email for SSL errors?
Now, discussing the things one by one.
Why the SSL error appears?
This error mainly appears due to inaccurate date and time, Antivirus software and outdated SSL certificate.
What is SSL error in the Roadrunner email account?
If the RR email attempts to make a secure connection on the network and failed to do so, you will get SSL error or ‘Feature not available’ message on the screen. Regardless of device from which you are accessing the Roadrunner email, you won’t be able to access the emails from any device due to SSL error. In case you don’t get any error message, you will find red color text on the left-hand side of the screen.
Now, we are now going to discuss general workarounds to get rid of the SSL problem from Roadrunner email account.
- Open the ‘SMTP settings’ of your Roadrunner email account and enable SSL from there. If you have installed Microsoft Outlook, then check the SMTP server settings and turn on SSL.
- If the SSL option is still not available or disabled, then change the port number of your RR account from current to 487.
How to troubleshoot SSL errors from RR email
If you find SSL error on-screen while loading Roadrunner email on any browser, then get rid of errors through the below-mentioned steps.
- Open a browser window and check the email which is giving the problem.
- Go to the main menu of your web browser and open the ‘Settings’ page by pulling the menu option down.
- Over to ‘Advanced’ settings and check the ‘Content settings’ option which is normally given under the ‘Privacy’ menu.
- Check the ‘Allow local data’ option. If should be enabled and is mostly found under ‘Cookies’.
Tap ‘Done’ to finish the troubleshooting part and save settings.
Error 1: SSL certificates not trusted: This error generally appears if the browser doesn’t trust the entered URL. You can remove this error from screen by installing the SSL certificates on website through certificate authority.
Error 2: Mismatched SSL certificates: If you enter the wrong keywords or spelling of DNS, then you will find the SSL error stating the ‘Mismatch SSL certificate’.
Error 3: SSL connection error or protocol error: You can try some solutions which are mentioned below:
- Clear SSL state.
- Disable QUIC protocol.
- Update system time.
- Delete the host file.
- Check firewall settings
- Remove or disable the extension.
After applying the troubleshooting tips mentioned above, you will be able to get rid of SSL errors on the Roadrunner email.