BT Yahoo is a popular email service that is used by millions of people all around the world, and if you too are using this service, then I must say that you have chosen a great email service for your daily mail related needs. But, people have been facing problems in this email service and we are going to discuss just that in this blog post. So, if you don’t want to suffer from a malfunctioning BT Yahoo mail, then you must pay attention to this blog post. If you want, you can directly take the help of experts, but if you wish to give a try and rectify the issue on your own, then you are free to do so.
The problem of unable to locate server or connection dropped is very common in email services these days. Server related issues can be very frustrating because you will not be able to access your emails and other services that your mail service provider has to offer. Another issue is that the connection getting dropped, which could be due to a malfunctioned modem or router. These issues can be fixed easily, but there are a series of steps that you need to follow. The error codes for these issues will appear like these; 0x800CCC0D or 0x800CCC0F. So, if you see either of these error codes, then you should immediately recognize that the issue is related to server or internet connection.
Here are the steps that can help you resolve the issue yourself.
- The first thing that you will have to do is check that the issue has not occurred due to a temporary fault affecting BT Yahoo mail service.
- If you find that nobody has reported this problem, then you will have to check that the email settings that you have entered are correct. For this, you can consult with an expert email help provider, as he will be able to assist you in the best way.
- If email settings are absolutely right, then you have to check if the antivirus that you have installed or the firewall for that matter is not creating the issue. You have to check their settings as well.
You have to make sure that the antivirus or firewall has been set to permit access to the below-mentioned files, which are:
- For Outlook: Outlook.exe.
- For Outlook Express: Msimn.exe.
By following these steps, you will be able to find the resolution to the problem, but if not, then you must take the help of an email expert. Or, you can contact the antivirus or firewall supplier because the problem could be due to antivirus or firewall. Getting a resolution to this issue is very important because if you don’t fix it, then you will not be able to access your email.