Mac OS has recently reported a significant change in its operating systems. The latest and updated OS is running good in the market. Today, we are going to discuss how to install Roadrunner mail on this OS X mail app. The steps are easy to implement if understood properly.
- Open ‘Mail’ from the home screen or from the menu bar.
- Go to ‘preferences’ and click on ‘Accounts’.
- To add a new account, you need to tap on ‘+’ sign. You will be directed to the account setup screen.
- Click on the program if RR is available on the screen, otherwise click on ‘Others’.
- You have to enter the email program name and set manually.
- Type complete mail address and password you used to login to the account.
- Tap ‘Continue’ to go to the next step. Select ‘Type’ of account you want to configure. You can select either IMAP or POP3.
- Enter server settings accordingly.
POP settings for RR email account:
- The account type must be selected to ‘POP3’.
- Incoming mail server: Twc.mail.com
- Outgoing mail server: mail.RR.com
- Port numbers for incoming as well as outgoing servers: 995 and 587.
- If prompted for outbound and inbound server names, then click to enter the complete email address of your email account and suffix along with it.
- Password: The password for inbound and outbound servers is the same as the one you used to log in with.
- SMTP server requires Authentication: Click to select ‘Yes’.
IMAP account type:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server address: same as the POP3 type.
- Incoming server port: 993.
- Outgoing mail server address: same as that of POP3.
- Outgoing port: SMTP port 587.
- The inbound and outbound username is the email address of your account and the password is same as that of login password.
- SMTP server authentication: Click ‘Yes’ to select this option.
- Before proceeding further, don’t forget to click on the box given next to the ‘Take me to the account’.
- Click to create your account.
- You will now find an envelope icon on the top left of the screen. Click to start reading emails.
- If you want to change any settings in the future, then you can do so by clicking on ‘Preferences’ link.
- Enter email address in the field and go to the POP server or IMAP server menu. If you have deleted any settings from the account, then you won’t be able to fetch them back until or unless you have stored it over the cloud. In case, you are using ‘SMTP’ servers, you can click on ‘Edit’ to change the preferences of the same.
- Edit your mail by double tapping on the option given next to the page.
- If you want to disable or enabled SMTP authentication, then open ‘Advance’ settings from the menu.
Click ‘OK’ to complete the setup process. You can now start sending and receiving emails from your Mac OS mail. In case you find any problem, you can contact RR mail support.