Still using Outlook 2007? Well, there is nothing wrong in using an older version of a software whose latest version is also being widely used by the users. So, you are looking to configure Roadrunner email on your MS Outlook 2007. This particular process is extremely easy and can be done without taking anybody’s help. So, let’s discuss the process without any further delay.
It is recommended to use IMAP settings on all devices to prevent errors.
In order to configure Roadrunner email on your MS Outlook 2007 using IMAP, here is what you are going to do.
- Open MS Outlook 2007.
- Click ‘Tools’.
- From the ‘Tools’ menu, select ‘Account Settings’, which will open the Account Settings window.
- On ‘Email ‘tab, you need to click ‘New’, which is going to open a ‘New Email Account Wizard’. You will see ‘Microsoft Exchange Server, POP3, IMAP or HTTP’ already selected.
- Click ‘Next’ and you are going to see Auto Account Setup information on the screen.
- In ‘Your Name’ field, you need to type in the name that you would like others to see when they receive emails from you.
- Enter your ‘RR email address’ and ‘Password’.
- Select the checkbox named ‘Manually configure server settings’.
- Click ‘Next’ and then, select ‘email service information’, but make sure the option of ‘Internet email’ has been selected.
- Click ‘Next’ and you are going to see email settings information along with the option of POP3 selected already as the account type.
- You need to select ‘IMAP’ from the Account type drop-down list.
- Enter the incoming and outgoing email server addresses.
- Enter your username and password.
- The option named ‘Remember Password’ will already be selected, so if you accept this option, then you won’t have to enter the password again when you access your RR email via Outlook.
- Make sure that the option named ‘log on using Secure Password Authorization (SPA) isn’t checked.
- Click ‘More Settings’.
- Under ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, you need to check the option named ‘My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication’.
- Select the button given corresponding to ‘Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server’ option and then, click ‘OK’.
- Click ‘Advanced’ Tab.
- Enter incoming and outgoing email server addresses.
- Under the incoming server, you need to choose ‘SSL’ from the drop-down list named ‘use the following type of encrypted connection’.
- Under the outgoing server, you need to select ‘TLS’ from the drop-down list named ‘use the following type of encrypted connection’. Make sure that the port number doesn’t change, but if it does, then you need to change it back to the right port number.
- Click ‘OK’ and as you do so, the internet email settings window will reopen.
- Click ‘Next’ and you will see a message on the screen indicating that the account has been set up successfully.
- Click ‘Finish’ followed by ‘Close’.
With this, you will be able to configure Roadrunner email with MS Outlook 2007 using IMAP settings. If you come across any issue while performing the aforementioned steps, then you can get in touch with Roadrunner help and support.