Many people want to setup RoadRunner email on their Android smartphones. I wish it was that easy to setup RR email, but the reality is, it isn’t. There are many people who have already tried doing so and failed miserably. In the end, they were left with no other option but to work their way out through Gmail. They configured RR mail with Gmail and then, used RR mail.
So, people are not sure whether Road Runner web mail can be accessed directly in an Android based phone or not. If you will ask me, then I’d rather say that, ‘yes, there is indeed a way to access RR mail in Android based devices, and i.e., via email app’. Here are the steps that you can follow to use RR mail on Android devices.
1. You will have to open the ‘email’ app.
2. Type in your RR com login email address followed by ‘tapping’ next.
3. Choose ‘personal (POP3)’, followed by tapping ‘next’.
4. Enter your RR com password and tap ‘next’.
5. Under ‘incoming server settings’ type in the following information.
- Username: Full mail address.
- Password: Your www RR com login email password.
- Port: 110.
- Security type: None.
6. After you enter this information, tap ‘next’.
7. Now, it’s time to enter information for ‘outgoing server settings’, so here it is:
- Server: smtp-server.ny.rr.com (NY is for people based in New York, so change the initials as per the location).
- Port: 587 or 25.
- Require sign-in: Enable this option.
- Security Type: None.
- Username: Enter your username (ending with rr.com).
- Password: Enter your www RR com login password.
8. Tap ‘next’ a couple of times.
9. In ‘your name’ field, enter a name. This name is going to be shown to the people when they get an email from you.
10. Tap ‘next.
With this, the process of setting up your RoadRunner email account on an Android device has been completed. If you find any problem, then you can get in touch with email help and support providers. The reason why I want you to consult them is simply because they know exactly as to what is creating issues in the mail. If RR mail can be accessed from an Android device, then there’s surely going to be a way, and they will find it in the shortest possible time.
There is an update regarding this issue, which I’m going to mention. The update says that the server address has been changed for both incoming and outgoing server. So, if you want to add server address, then here is what you are going to add.
Incoming server: pop-server.rr.com.
Outgoing server: smtp-server.rr.com.
Besides this problem, Time Warner Cable RR mail works fine in all other platforms, and can be easily integrated with other email services. Many people are using RoadRunner webmail after syncing it with Gmail or MS Outlook. I think it is a good approach as it allows people to access their primary emails in one place.