Roadrunner email can be configured on an Android device just like any other email service. Many RR email users are already using their email accounts on a daily basis without any issue. Recently, some of those users have encountered connectivity issues. They didn’t know how to eradicate this issue, which is quite normal as they have never faced this issue before. Let’s find out more about this issue and how to solve it.
Many Roadrunner webmail users are experiencing connectivity issues while accessing their RR email account on an Android device. They have raised complaints about the same on many online forums, but they haven’t been able to get any concrete solution regarding the issue.
Since RR email is a business-class email service and Android devices have the largest market share in the world, it is obvious that many people are using Roadrunner email on their Android devices. But, when they see problems like the one we are discussing here originating, then it led to all sorts of troubles.
Some users have tried to solve the issue on their own, but they weren’t able to do so due to lack of knowledge and experience. Without proper connectivity, they won’t be able to access their RR email. Let us now discuss how to fix the problem and restore the functionality of Roadrunner email.
- From email’s main menu, go to ‘Add an account’ option. You are going to find the settings for your account, so you need to click to enter the information on the next page. The information you enter varies depending upon the Android device you are using and the OS version.
- Enter your RR email address in the ‘Username’ field and make sure that you enter the full email address.
- Enter the password for your RR email account.
- You will now have to select either POP3 or IMAP account type for your RR email account.
- Type in the incoming email address in ‘incoming server’ field. It will be something like this ‘server.ny.rr.com’.
- Now, enter port number according to the server that you have used.
- For ‘Security’ option, you need to select ‘None’.
Now, you will have to change the outgoing mail settings of your Roadrunner email account.
- You need to enter the same server address in the outgoing email server field that you have entered in the incoming email server field. But, you need to prefix the term ‘smtp.roadrunner.com’ with ‘mobile’.
- Enter ‘25’ in the port number.
- Disable ‘SSL’ option.
These were the steps that will help you fix connectivity issues. You need to follow the steps in the exact same way in which they are mentioned above.
But, if you have followed the steps in the right way, yet facing the issue, then you will have to get in touch with RR com email login help and support providers. They will assist you with this issue.