Is the recent update of Microsoft outlook platform giving a problem with Roadrunner mail? If yes, then there can be several issues that you may encounter on your mail like attachment problem, feature issue or problem with the inbox folder. If you among the one who is facing this problem, then read the steps mentioned here as under:
Problem 1: Some emails are automatically forwarded to the Junk folder or Safe List. When you set up Junk Email option to ‘Safe list’ then all the emails send through the unsafe mail will first go to Junk mail then to inbox folder whereas the rest of the messages will continue to arrive in the inbox directly.
Solution: To fix this problem, you need to update the outlook account immediately. For this, go to File> Account> Update now.
Problem 2: All the unread mail and other mail tabs are not available on Outlook. If you find Unread, All, Mentioned and other filtering option not available on the outlook platform, then you can follow the solution mentioned below.
If you have updated the outlook version to 1703 or higher, then all the mail options like filters, sort and mail folder will appear in the ‘All’ menu under the drop-down menu. This is done to accommodate new menus.
To check the current version of outlook installed in the device, go to ‘File’ then to ‘Office account’.
How to filter and sort the Roadrunner mail in outlook?
If you want to sort the messages according to ‘read, unread, mentioned or other filters’ then click on any one of the options. To select the messages according to date, time or form, you need to click on ‘Arrange by’.
Alternatively, you can also use the ‘Filter mail’ button given on the ribbon. For more information, you can contact email support team.
You can check the currently set settings of your mail from the small triangle given under Field headers.
How to use the Quick access toolbar?
Quick access toolbar is used to access the filtering options quickly. You can add any filter to the quick access toolbar according to your preference. For instance, if you want to add ‘Unread’ folder to the Access toolbar, then you can add it easily.
- Click to search for anything in the search box.
- When you find the ‘Search’ tab under the toolbar, you have to enter ‘Unread’ in it and add to the quick access toolbar.
- If you want to add ‘Arrange by’ option, then the same procedure can be implemented.
- Right click on the ‘Arrange by’ option and customize the ribbon.
- Add a new group under ‘Mail’ option given on Ribbon tab.
- Click ‘Rename’ to rename the group added.
- Under ‘Choose commands from’ option, click on ‘All commands’.
- When you click on ‘Arrange By’, select the third option from ‘Arrange By’ option to add it to the quick access toolbar.
- Now, click on the new group and click ‘UP’ to move the group to the top. If you want, you can reshuffle the group according to the choice.
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- Similarly, you can add ‘Arrange By’ to the Quick Access toolbar’ by right-clicking on the option. Click on ‘Add this to quick toolbar’ menu.