After updating the Outlook program to the latest version, some users are getting problem in accessing the junk mail folder of their Roadrunner webmail account. Apart from this, other folders are also not accessible from their outlook account. We have bought this post for all those who are facing this same problem with their Roadrunner account. First of all, we will discuss the cause of the problem, then the solution.
- Mails transferred to the safe list: If you have set this option on your own, then you know very well that all the junk mails will first go to ‘Safe list’ then in the inbox folder. Mails sent through unsafe means will directly get into inbox folder.
- : Go to ‘Outlook program’ and click on ‘File’. Go to ‘Roadrunner email account’ and perform its update.
- Mail tabs are unavailable on the Outlook: In some cases, the primary tabs will start disappearing from the home screen of Outlook, The best way to get rid of this problem is;
- : If you have Outlook version 1703 or higher, then the primary menus or tabs like a filter, sort, arrange by and mail folder will appear as a shortcut on the home screen. You can expand by opening the drop-down menu. To check the version of Outlook currently installed, go to ‘File’> Account update.
How to arrange and filter messages on Outlook account?
If there are some unread, read and mentioned messages available in the Roadrunner inbox and you want to set according to their status, then sort ‘According to date and time’. After adding the filter option on the Outlook ribbon, all the menus will start appearing on the home screen.
How to use Quick access toolbar?
Quick access toolbar as the name suggests is meant for accessing the important tools quickly without entering into the main menu. There’s an option to add folder, menu or subfolder to the ‘Quick access toolbar’. If you want to keep eye on unread messages, then add ‘Unread’ folder to QAT through following steps.
- Go to ‘Search menu’ and enter ‘Unread’.
- Once located, go to the quick access toolbar menu.
- Paste the same folder over there. If you want to add any filter to the quick access bar shortcut, then the same steps will be applied.
- To edit or make some changes, go to the ‘Ribbon’ menu.
- You can even add the group to the Quick Access toolbar from where all the messages sent by any member of the group can be read.
- In the same manner, there are some commands which can be added to the Quick Access toolbar by clicking on ‘Choose commands from’ option.
- To arrange or swap the groups within the toolbar, go to the ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ option.
- Tap ‘Done’ once done with the changes.
- There are different options or menus which can be added in the ‘Quick access toolbar’ option. If you want to set ‘Arrange by’ in the toolbar, then add a shortcut of it directly from the mail account.