We will discuss the reasons along with solutions in steps, so pay a close attention to this blog post.
1. Authentication failure:
If after entering the right email ID and password, you are not able to fully access your email account, i.e., unable to send or receive emails, then you are going to receive ‘error 550’ on your computer screen. The problem could lie within the SMTP authentication. When your mail account is not properly configured with SMTP authentication, then ‘error 550’ will appear on your PC screen. The companies are protecting their servers from hackers and spammers, and in order to do so, they are allowing only their customers to use the SMTP authentication. It is very important to check SMTP authentication in order to verify the process. Here is how you can turn on the SMTP authentication.
- Go to email settings and click box ‘My server w
- ants authentication’ to turn the SMTP on.
- In case, you are using MS Outlook, then the above-mentioned process will be done automatically. All you need to do is, click ‘yes’ button followed by installing and running the program.
- 2. Sending emails from wrong email address:
When you do so, you will get an un-authorized sender error or server response error after you send an email from a wrong email address. The receiver is not going to recognize the email address and also reject it because of the inability to prove the authentication. The server is going to block the email if the address comes out to be invalid. You will not able to send mails as well, so this is a big issue, isn’t it? You can check out the below-mentioned tips to fix this issue:
- You have to check whether the email is written properly during email account setup. There shouldn’t be any alphabetical mistake.
- It takes approximately 24 hours to activate a new email on server.
- You have to take care of the special characters while setting up a mail because any wrong words can lead to problems.
- 3. Sending email to false email address:
Sending an email to a false email address can also cause problems just like sending an email from a false email address. If you change the domain name or add any special character that is not necessary, then you will see Error 550 on the screen. You will find ‘delivery status failure’ message as well, as some email services display this message when someone sends an email to a wrong email address. To get rid of this error, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Check if the spelling of the email address of the recipient is right.
- Also, make sure that there isn’t any problem with the recipient’s email server.
If these steps don’t fix the issue, then you can take the help of email help and support providers, as they know why the problem is appearing and what can be done to fix it. So, there is no need to feel scared about this issue, as it can be easily fixed.